5/12/15

My own milk paint

www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,

I recently made my own milk paint.
I selected the tutorial I liked the best (click) and I just did it. 
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,


It didn’t work at the first time but could reach a more than acceptable result by the second turn. 
Once casein is obtained from milk and vinegar, add hydrated lime and remove. When you get a creamy result, just add pigment. Once you are finished, don’t forget to store it in the fridge.
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,

Vantages are the cost and the fact you create an eco friendly paint, which is important. I would consider the expiration date as the major inconvenient but other than that it’s a great way to create your own product and mix colors on your choice.
I was experiencing so my only project with milk paint has been painting the pallet stuck I turned into a can holder; the final project being a can organizer. 
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,
www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,

www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,

www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,

My future investment will be buying more pigments as I need more stuff to deal with. I will keep you posted…
I used the leftover milk paint for my next project: wine crates on the wall. It's still to be done but will keep you posted...

www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,

www.annecharriere.com, milk paint,

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment